Château Roudier, a family story
Château Roudier was divided into two parts in the 19th century: one belonged to the Vacher family and the other part belonged to the Berthon family.
On the death of Jean Vacher, mayor of the commune of Montage from 1887 to 1925, Ernest Berthon bought the other part in order to unify Château Roudier. Invested in the commune of Montagne, Ernest Berthon was mayor from 1925 to 1929.
Following him, Roger CAPDEMOURLIN, his son-in-law, operated the property for around thirty years. An expert surveyor by trade, he took over from his father-in-law and invested in property.
Jacques and Françoise CAPDEMOURLIN
Following him, his son, Jacques CAPDEMOURLIN took care to maintain this family property. To increase the notoriety of Château Roudier, Jacques enlarged the property by 6 hectares in the 1970s. Today, this estate has an area of 42 hectares, including 30 hectares of vines. He followed the courses of Professor E.Peynaud, at the Faculty of Bordeaux to adopt the best methods of planting and vinification. Passionate about his profession, he has been involved in numerous bodies representing the wine sector, including the Union des Grands Crus Classés, the Jurade de Saint-Emilion and the Académie du Vin.
His wife, Françoise, originally from Saint-Emilion, is a hostess who likes to receive. Professor of physics and chemistry, she will support her husband during his many missions in the wine sector.
Their son Thierry is driven by this same passion. He accompanies his father in the management of this family heritage. Attached to biodiversity, he seeks to constantly improve the vineyard and make it respectful of the environment.
Surrounded by a faithful and expert team, he works to constantly improve the quality of the wines.
Commercial director, he is now the château’s ambassador throughout the world.